Pumping of leachate according to the explanatory in technical.
- Multistage monobloc electric submersible pumps with the hydraulic part located under the electric motor cooled by the pumped liquid.
- Electric pumps produced with 5 m of SK 4G1,5 electric cable included.
- External pump case, motor case, shaft, impellers and diffusers in stainless steel.
- Viton seals.
- Threaded delivery port 1” 1/2 from kW 1,5 up to kW 3. Flanged delivery port PN25 DN32 UNI 6083/67 from kW 4 up to kW 5,5.
- The pumps are equipped with a strainer that must be free from sediments and does not allow the pumping of liquids with solid particles larger than 1 mm.
- 2 poles asynchronous motor, 50 Hz, 2850 rpm.
- Class F insulation.
- IP68 protection.
- Working voltage: single-phase 230 V, three-phase 400 V.
- Electric motor cooled by non-toxic, non-polluting liquid.
- The pump can not operate in dry conditions.
- Pump body submerged for half of its height.
- Temperature of pumped liquid: min 0 °C – max 70 °C.
- Frost free location. • Vertical operating position (on re - quest special execution for oblique operating position).
- Maximum immersion depth: 120 m.
- Maximum number of starts per hour: 20.
Dimensions and Weights
LEACHATE EXPLANATORY NOTE
Leachate is the liquid that drains or leaches from a landfill or from waste decomposition. It is also the result of the progressive compression of waste. Leachate that comes from controlled municipal solid waste landfills is sewage with organic and inorganic polluting agents which comes from biologic and physic-chemical processes in the landfill sites. According to the law, leachate must be collected and opportunely handled in the landfill site itself or transferred in suited treatment locations. The generation of leachate is caused by different factors such as the meteorology of the area of the landfill: rainfall, temperature and windiness influence the processes of leachate origin. The high rain rises the infiltration of water in the landfill producing much more leachate, on the contrary the low temperature can reduce the biological processes. Another factor that influences the quantity of leachate production is the average feature of waste: the most important parameters are the waste average humidity and the grade of compactness. High humidity will increase production of leachate whereas high compactness will reduce it. The factors of leachate production can be listed as controllable and uncontrollable: uncontrollable factor is the leachate production and it is strictly connected to the waste degradation. Leachate can have chemical composition in relation to the different parameters including the type of waste and the age of the landfill site. Usually the peculiarities of leachate are valued through the measure of pH, Biochemical oxygen demand, Chemical oxygen demand and the contents of metals. In the controlled municipal solid waste landfills the young phase of leachate is characterized by the production of acid leachate with 4,5 up to 7,5 pH that turns the metal in solution with water: in old phase the pH rises up to 7,5-9 and the concentration of metal falls. The organoleptic properties of leachate are the brown colour depending on the concentration, the viscous consistence and disagreeable odour. Officine di Trevi developed a series of electric pumps with good resistance to hydrocarbons and general oils and that can be used with success in liquids with pH from 4,5 to 13 and maximum quantity of hydrochloric acid not more that 0,5%. The pumps can be used in liquids with suspended solid particles not more than 250 gr/m3 and granules with diameter not more than 1 mm. In case of high concentration or combination of chemical substances or the use of the pumps in potentially explosive atmosphere (ATEX Directives) our Technical Department remain at your disposal to check the compatibility.