SWITCHMATIC 2 is an electronic pressure switch with an integrated digital pressure gauge. It can manage the start and stop of single-phase electric pumps up to 3 HP (2,2 kW). Cut-in and cut-out pressure implementation can be set easily and accurately through user friendly control panel. Wiring is carried out identically to a conventional electromechanical switch.
It can operate as a differential pressure switch, as an inverted pressure switch, or just with max. or minimum pressures. SWITCHMATIC 2 includes also instantaneous current protection, it can be mounted individually or in groups of 2 pumps synchronised and operating in cascade mode with alternated sequence of operation. This patented version controls and manages the overcurrent, the dry-running protection of the pump and fast cycling protection.
The NEW SWITCHMATIC 2/in-out Alarm unit includes an output for alarms and an input for external level connection.
3 Versions available:
A1N - Dry running protection
A2N - Dry run OUT only Alarm Output
A3N - IN-OUT Alarm output + Level Input
- ART function (Automatic Reset Test). If the device has been stoped due the action of the safety system against dry operation, the ART tries to connect the pump, with a programmed periodicity because the water supply could have been restored (only type SWITCHMATIC 2).
- Sleep mode with low power consumption.
- Inner pressure transmitter.
- Integrated pressure gauge with bar and psi instantaneous display.
- User friendly control panel with 3-digits display, led-lights and pushbuttons.
- EMC certified and Electrical Safety certifed.
- Dry-running protection (only type SWITCHMATIC 2) and for minimal pressure (for type Switchmatic 1).
- Overcurrent protection (only type SWITCHMATIC 2).
- Rapid-cycle alarm: when the hydropneumatic tank has lost the air and frequent start-stops are produced an alarm is activated (only type SWITCHMATIC 2).
SWITCHMATIC 2/in-out Alarm unit also includes:
- Volt-free contact for monitoring the alarms displayed in screen originated by irregularities or problems of the system.
- Float switch connection, for minimum level detection in the suction tank, its use is optional. This system is independent of the dry-running safety system.
Register of operational parameters. Information about: operating hours, counter of starts, counter of connections to the power supply.
Register of alarms. Information about type and number of alarms.
- Manual start.
- RoHs and WEEE compliant.
- Four operation modes:
- Inversed differential.
- Maximum pressure.
- Minimum pressure.
- 3 digits display:
- Operating mode: Instantaneous pressure
- Set mode: Cut in and cut out pressure.
- Bar-psi led lights (green):
- Operating mode: Bright bar or psi.
- Pump on: Flashing bar or psi.
- Star-Stop Led (yellow):
- Bright: displayed Pressure start or Pressure stop.
- Flashing: Setting Psart or Pstop
- Push Buttons Up and down: Increase or decrease configuration parameters.
- ENTER push-button:
- Manual start and stop
-Confirm configuration value.
Only for SWITCHMATIC 2
- A led light (green):
- Bright: Displayed instantaneous current consumption of the pump.
- Flashing: Setting maximum current of the pump.
- Alarm red light: dry-run, over current, fast cycling
- A push-button: Set and display current intensity