Cooling sleeve / shroud kits for Franklin Electric submersible motor pumps
The heat loss generated by the submersible motor must be dissipated to the pumped medium by means of convection. If the minimum cooling speed along the submersible motor cannot be guaranteed, it is mandatory to install a cooling jacket in order to generate sufficient cooling.
Inadequate cooling can have the following causes:
- Insufficient flow rate
- Well diameter too large
- Water inflow from above (top feeding)
- Open water (lake, reservoir, river, tank)
To provide cooling, the pump-motor unit is supplemented by a cooling sleeve. This separate „sheet metal jacket“ is sealed above the pump inlet. The pumped medium is thus sucked in from below and directed past the motor in order to dissipate the generated motor heat loss (convection).
Appropriate brackets and inlet strainers are available for horizontal installation in an open body of water, e.g. a tank, a lake or a flowing body of water.
Components cooling sleeve kit:
- Cooling sleeve tube (Stainless steel)
- Pump sealing ring (EPDM) with drinking water approval
- Motor spacer
- Pipe clamps
- Filter strainer (accessories)
- Console (accessory for horizontal mounting)